Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bangkok, Land of Smiles (Part IV)


Day 4
After that whole taxi drama, we took a nice shower and then dress up for another nightout. This time, we went to Asiatique The Riverfront. Apparently it's the new "IN" place now in Bangkok and it's a MUST VISIT tourists' spot. Initially, I thought it's just another shopping place such as Platinum mall, but it's not. It's an outdoor area with food, shops for shopping and entertainments.

There's two ways you can get there: 
1, by boat across the Chao Phraya River. 
2, by taxi.






First thing to do when we got there, EAT. So, we looked at the directory and there's a whole list of restaurants ranging from Thailand food to Western and etc. After staring for 5 minutes, we decided to roam around and look at the menus instead. 



We settled down at this restaurant, Yum Saap. There was already a waiting line when we entered and while waiting, we screened through the menu to hunt for a dish each. Since it's our last night in Bangkok, we decided to go all out. EVERYTHING SPICY and FAMOUS. As quoted by my friend, "My butthole will burn during toilet visits". Well, it's our last night here, why not? So...

Tom yam, green curry, pineapple fried rice, padthai, all Thai, you name it.
We ordered 7 dishes for 4 people, it's crazy. We all left with bloated tummies pregnant with food.

My review of this place:
Food: 4.5 / 5
Ambience: 4 / 5
Service: 4 / 5
Price: Reasonable

After all that food, we went around for a little shopping. I absolutely love this place! Decided to visit there again if I were to go Bangkok again someday.

Reasons to visit?
1. It's BEAUTIFUL
2. A lot of eating places
3. A bunchful of unique things can be found / to buy
4. I just love this place

Found this cute little sheep made of soap, milky flavor.

Sheeps FTW~ 
Why am I the photographer? :(

We even went for a 4D movie. Didn't know which one was good and we girls didn't want horror stuff except for the boyfie, so we ask the person to recommend the most adventurous one. It was very short, around 7 minutes or so? I wouldn't recommend it as I didn't really feel much thrill, all I did was laughing non-stop at my friends because they were screaming non-stop. Good tummy exercise though.

Day 5
Being girls, three of us woke up super early again to go to the Pratunam morning market for one last bargain hunt. Left the boyfie sleeping at the hotel since he couldn't do much shopping as mostly are girls' stuff. Later that morning, after done packing and checking out, we hit Khao San Road where Hangover 2 was filmed. Apparently it's very happening in the evening and night but we didn't have the time.



There's not much shopping as most of the stuff are repetitive from store to store and things are quite pricey. Only bought 2 tops and a dress for me girlfriend. The fruit juices were good though for the price you pay.


End of the day, my shopping stash?


All of the above plus the other small things like my shoes and accessories. Consider okay right? Actually I think I should have shop more. *greedy me*

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

All in all, it was fun visiting both Krabi and Bangkok. 
A whole new experience visiting with friends and without a tour guide. The last I visited was years ago.
Hope you all had fun reading this! 



Much loves, xoxo.

Bye-bye Bangkok, till we meet again (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...