Monday, September 2, 2013

Paradise on Earth, Krabi


On the beach of Koh Phi Phi (:
Hi there! Welcome to the heaven on earth! 
I heard from a lot of people that Krabi is a-must-visit in Thailand for its beautiful beaches and 
a whole lot of sun tanning. 


As promised, here's my post about my recent weekaway at Thailand last August. I know it took me a while to blog about it but I had been occupied with university stuffs and was waiting for the remaining photos from my friends. So, we've been to two places in Thailand, Krabi and Bangkok. Since our first stop was Krabi, I'll do a post on it first and then I'll do another on Bangkok! (:


There are a few things that I have learnt of Krabi island: 
1. You can't visit the islands on your own, best you could do is hire a private boat 
but will still be accompanied by a tour guide.
2. Beautiful beaches? You have to take tours around to visit them but it's TOTALLY WORTH IT!
3. Lunch buffet provided by the tour agencies are yummy.
4. Every island is very commercialized but well taken care of and SUPER BEAUTIFUL.
5. You will need A LOT of SUNSCREEN to avoid sunburn.


After we landed, we grabbed a taxi to our hotel but stopped at a tour agency to purchase some tours while we are there. Day 1, we will be snorkeling and doing some kayaking around the Hong Islands. 2nd day, city tour and elephant trekking and 3rd day, snorkeling and island hopping around Koh Phi Phi (MUST visit). It was crazy on the first day as after we have arrived at the resort, we had only 5 minutes to get changed while the van was waiting for us. I'll let the pictures do justice on how beautiful the islands are.

The pier on Ao Nang Beach

Paradise Island
Don't know which babe is he checking out.


Crystal clear H2O



I think I've gained some arm muscles after all that kayaking.
I don't want to go home!
A bit of vain moments with the boyfie 

The islands were all so beautiful that I don't want to go home. I don't mind the sun tanning if I could just stay there like FOREVER, that's how amazing they are. For the city tour, we visited a few places such as the hot spring, emerald pool, Tiger Cave and the elephant trekking. We didn't get the chance to soak in the hot spring as it was raining slighty, the water wasn't that warm and we had only 30minutes but the Emerald Pool was awesome. Super, super, super clear water! And it's au naturale, how awesome is that?


My trusty travel partner (:

After all that mesmerizing water moments, we went to the Tiger Cave. Apparently the view is amazing up there, so we decided to picked up the challenge to get up there. 1237 steps to the top, seems easy isn't it?





After 200+ steps, we were like "okay lah, seems not bad lah but the steps are a little steep" but after 400+ steps, I just want to jump down from the cliff. The steps were steep and high at the same time, it was some badass workout alright. I was panting away like nobody's business while dragging my almost dying body up step by step like a snail. It was a torture! But I seen a lot of them did not give up and those that were coming down said that it'll be all worth once you reach the top. So, I continued my sadistic journey.

Once I reached the top of it, I realised what they said were true.. 
The view was amazing!


On the top of Tiger Cave

But what I looked forward most was the elephant trekking. 

The lake where they elephants take their bath



It was a great experience but that would be my last ride on an elephant because we actually seen one of the elephant caretakers whipped the elephant in front of us because the elephant did not want to move. It was so cruel that the girl that was riding on it shouted "NOOOOO!" loudly. It was really a sad scene. *sigh* So, I've decided no more elephant rides.

And after all those activities, it's always good to get back to our resort. In fact, I love the place we stayed in. The service was good, the place was quiet and chilly, and there were 3 little cute dogs. They have 3 pools, although small but we could have it all to ourselves as there weren't many guests there. I would go back to the resort if I ever visit Krabi again as it was worth the price we paid, affordable, clean and spacious.. Maleedee Bay Resort.


My view from the balcony







And of course we girls would love some massage and self-pampering time before we hit Bangkok so on our last night in Krabi, we went for a little massage and some mani pedi after a good dinner. Did I mention that pasta, spaghetti, wine, cocktails and beer are DIRT CHEAP in Krabi? 189thb for any pizza or spaghetti, 90thb for a glass of wine and 100thb for a glass of cocktail. It was so crazily cheap that we just gulped down alcohols for every dinner.


200thb for the manicure and 150thb for the pedicure

So, that sort of sums up my experience in Krabi. The images of the beautiful islands and the relaxing ambiance there are still strongly lingering in my mind, makes me want to go back there badly. Maybe some time in the future I would go back there. Some time, some day..

Much loves, xoxo.

Peace out (;


6 comments:

  1. Anyone told you that you look like Suzy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the most amazing places I've been! ;) Hope you enjoyed the post! (:

      Delete
  3. Yup, planning to visit more islands in the future. Thanks for the recommendation, appreciate it a lot! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where was the Mani/pedi shop pls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I can't remember the shop's name but there are many mani/pedi shops along the street with great offers!

      Delete

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...