Sunday, January 26, 2014

Food: Cosans Coffee

Time really flies.. So fast it's another weekend and it's so close to CNY already! Have you done your shopping yet? I'm sure the shopping malls would be more crowded than usual with all the last minute shoppers, not to mention the jams and parking issues. The thought of it makes me lazy and don't want to leave the house (sloth mode on).

In case you didn't know yet, there's a new coffee house in Subang!
It just opened recently and they had a private event with invited fellow bloggers for a little food & coffee tasting. I didn't get a photo of the exterior as they were still setting up some lights and stuff (didn't want to kacau their work).




First impression when I stepped in, "Yup, I'm starting to like this place already even without tasting the food yet". I really like their interior space, it's all so simple yet cozy which makes you feel like you want to just enjoy your coffee and spend whole day reading some romantic novel there. Plus, their staffs were really friendly and welcoming (bonus points for them)!


Everyone's favorite, goody bags!

Credits to Serah @ http://viviryamarlavida.blogspot.com/

I was already starting to feel a little hungry when I got there and looking at this doesn't make things better.
Seems like they have already arranged them accordingly; salads for starter, sandwiches for main and cakes for dessert. They do have soups too! But they weren't serving soups that evening so I didn't get to try.

It was still early when we got there so we went around taking some photos.



The sofas were different but they complement each other well. Something different from the ordinary cafes which has same tables and chairs. I like really the posters hung around together with the mini spotlights, all adds to the vibe.
Oh, did I mention that the sofas are uber comfy to sit on too? 


Credits to Serah @ http://viviryamarlavida.blogspot.com

This spot would be awesome if you have a big group of people. Really love the big windows, can do some people watching while sipping a cuppa.



Their signature house blends; Equarre and Carreau.
Carreau has a fruitier and sweeter taste while Equarre is bitter and has a nutty taste. 
(read more about it here)
My pick: Carreau House Blend  

Left: Cappucino
Right: Cosans Latte (one of the signatures)

Our drinks were free flow that evening, how nice of them!
Wide selection of drinks : coffee, frappe, tea, sodas, chocolate drinks and yogurt smoothies

I did not pick which beans I wanted for my coffee so the barista prep it for me. I tasted bitter and strong burnt taste then I added some sugar into it. It's better but the burnt taste lingers there. As for the Latte, it has the right balance of both coffee and milk while the level of sweetness is perfect even without sugar.

They serve their coffee with brown sugar ❤


We were served two of their sandwiches that evening; Asianese Roasted Chicken and Smoked Duckling.




Love the tender juicy chicken thighs, lemongrass and overall flavor but it would be better if there's a bit more chicken in it as I tasted more of the greens rather than a balance of both. I would also prefer if they ask the customers whether or not they want to have coriander in it. I know it's part of the recipe but I am a strong hater of coriander :(


Credits to Emily @ http://emilychoong.blogspot.com/


This is something that I would go for during my next visit there. Smoked duck with mozarella, arugula and tomatoes, how does that sound to you? Heaven! :D I definitely prefer this much more than the Asianese Roasted Chicken as the duck was good together with the cheese, everything seems to go perfectly well with each other. 
Blogging about it now makes me hungry.



My most anticipated session for the evening, a demonstration by their award winning barista on the two coffee brewing methods; Aeropress and Pour Over. You would never guess that preparing a good cuppa coffee requires tonnes of effort behind it.



CEO of Cosans Coffee, Mr Matthew introduced and thanked his staffs one by one for all of their hard work in making the cafe happened. In less than 3 months, they came up with everything from scratch, from the concepts, designs, all the way to the art of coffee. He also mentioned the meaning behind Cosans.

Co = Coffee, San = Sense, S = Social Responsibility

After that, they had a lucky draw session where 6 winners are picked. Too bad I wasn't in luck.


We continued to mingle around and have more drinks!

Credits to Emily @ http://emilychoong.blogspot.com/
From left: Carmen, Emily, Sandra, me and Serah 

Some of the fellow bloggers that we managed to take a photo with using Emily's camera! :D
I'm so happy to meet all of you lovelies 


The staff took a polaroid shot of us. Yay for the photo as Jessica and Jia Qi's in it! 


Try to spot us when you visit this cafe!


In each of our goody bag ...
 A bag of Carreau house blend (YAY!)
 Two packets of Dammann Fréres tea; Black tea and Chamomile herbal tea
 Two packets of Gryphon's artisan selection teas; Hanami (blend #152) and Lemon Ginger Mint (blend #212)
 A name card with the serial number for the earlier lucky draw session

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

My overall experience there was great, will definitely drop by again for a cuppa soon!


~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~


For more info, you can visit their website or FB page.

Opening hours: 
10am - 12am (Sunday - Thursday)
10am - 2am (Friday & Saturday)

Address:
No 30 (Ground Floor), Jalan SS15/4, Subang Jaya
Tel : 03-5612 9600




Much loves, xoxo.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Von, Cosans is like the most hitto cafe now, I must give it a try, especially smoked duck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey J, yea maybe because it's newly opened I guess. You know how humans are, always up for new stuff. If you do visit there, lemme know what else is nice k! :D

      Delete
  2. I think everyone has updated their blog except me. oh noeess. Haha, nice to meet you anyway and meet up soon for the shoot k! Haha, I'm bit busy with work now so I'll let you know soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello hello, no worries about the shooting. Take your time! :D Yea, I saw everyone posted about it so I quickly finish up mine too. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Aww looks like you girls had a great time! And you met my friend Serah too =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice opening there, but not free that day to go.

    www.mymomsbest.us

    ReplyDelete

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...