Friday, January 3, 2014

Makeup: Conceal, Be Bold and Set it! (Sephora)



Dear lovely readers,
Thank you all so much for an awesome 2013! It's been about half a year since I started blogging and I feel so happy to receive so much love and support from all of you out there. One of my resolutions is to blog more interesting things and get involved in more events! So, fingers crossed that all goes well this year. I wish best of luck to all of my readers and have an awesome 2014! Bonne chance!

 ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~


I've been wandering around in malls since my semester break started as I was looking for some stuff and also to do some random shopping. The boyfie made a sweet promise to get me one of Urban Decay's Naked palettes after I excitedly told him I wanted to go and see Naked 3's palette (btw, I did not expect nor have the intention for him to get one, that's why it was a really sweet deal). So, we went to Sephora in Sunway Pyramid the first day and they said that it's out of stock in all branches :(

Oh well.. Tough luck to get one for now but as it's not mandatory for me to have one, it's okay. Then I remember that I wanted to try and get a red lipstick. Initially I wanted to get a lipstain as I've read and seen a lot of reviews that it's hard work to apply and maintain a red lipstick. But there weren't a lot of options for the lip stain, so I went around Sephora looking for my red lipstick. After more than half an hour, I finally found one which is both affordable and up to my requirements (awesome color and texture).


Clinique's High Impact Lip Colour
(Color chosen: No.12 Red-y to Wear)
Price : RM 68 






My opinions:
Love the texture and color
 Long lasting wear
 Easy to apply on
 SUPER in LOVE with the color!
 Matte application but subtle glossy finish
 Love the packaging; simple and glamorously chic
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED


The end product 

While queuing to pay, I saw this makeup setting spray at the mini counters near the cashier lane. I remember seeing some makeup gurus using such sprays on Youtube, so bought one to try since I don't like the hassle of touching up my makeup and bringing a whole bag of makeup with me when I'm out. 


Urban Decay's All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
(travel size)
RM49





"Is makeup meltdown ruining your midnight mojo? Mist on this weightless spray to give your makeup serious staying power. Developed in an exclusive partnership with SKINDINÄVIA, this groundbreaking, clinically tested formula is suitable for all skin types and features patented Temperature Control Technology. It actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to keep foundation, eyeshadow, blush, and concealer in place—even in hot and humid or cold and windy conditions. The result? Smoother-looking skin and vibrant makeup that lasts all day (or night) without melting, cracking, fading, or settling into fine lines." 

My opinions: 
Light weight, you don't feel it once you spray it on
 Works as stated, really holds your makeup
(NO laughing lines even after you laughed like mad for an hour)
 Love the design and feel of the packaging

Disadvantages:
- The spray is very strong, I prefer it better if it's fine as normal mist sprays


Last but not least, my 3rd finding in Sephora would be this concealer. I found this on another day when I visited Paradigm's Sephora.

Tarte's Amazonian's Clay Waterproof Concealer
(Color chosen: Light)
RM 90







My opinions: 
 Color is very natural, blends well with my skin
 Light texture but buildable, so it won't appear cakey
 Easily blendable
 Since it's all natural, suitable for sensitive skin
 Animal cruelty free!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED


End of my purchase, they offered me their Sephora White Card. There's no annual registration fee or whatsoever, several other benefits offered and you can collect points, why not?



It's definitely a good buy I must say. Hope you all enjoy reading this review.
Happy New Year! ;)




Much loves, xoxo.


Disclaimer: The above post is all based on my personal honest opinions without getting paid by any source. Hope you enjoy this product review (:

8 comments:

  1. nice lipstick color!
    Giveaway on my blog http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Von,

    I’m writing to you in regards to inquiring on whether you be interested in working alongside me towards raising more awareness on early cancer detection in Malaysia.

    Despite the widespread of cancer awareness campaigns in Malaysia, most people do not realize that due to the severity of the illness, post chemotherapy patients usually retire to day cares where they can get back to their feet under scrutiny of medical experts. And this process can be demanding physically, emotionally and financially to the patients and their loved ones.

    My name is Sam from Lion & Lion, the digital agency and we are currently working together with AXA AFFIN for a cancer outreach campaign.

    AXA AFFIN, in collaboration with National Cancer Society Malaysia (NCSM), are supporting cancer patients currently undergoing chemotherapy in this campaign. AXA AFFIN will fund the chemotherapy daycare usage to one cancer patients for every blogger that links back to AXA AFFIN 110CancerCare website in their effort to care for cancer patients. In essence, a post from you gets a cancer patient one-day funding for their daycare usage at NCSM Treatment Centre.

    To date, we have 104 bloggers written a blogpost in support of this initiative. Media releases of the campaign are available online as well. For the links on the bloggers that participated and the media releases, I am more than glad to show it to you on your reply.

    Thank you and I look forward to your favorable reply.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Sam Yoong
    M: (60)16 236 4998 | E: sam.yoong@lionandlion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful lipstick color! and you are so pretty! And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind compliments Randa! ^^ Yea, sure. I will drop by out blog and followed you back on GFC! Stay awesome and keep bloggin'! <3

      Delete
  4. You should hv try NYX ones babe! they're so affordable and for the color, not bad for the price though. I really wanna buy all of them... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the lipsticks? I think I went around doing swatches for almost all brand. This one my fav! <3 Maybe will try out for another color.

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to try UD setting spray but I never come across the travel size. I just could not justify paying so much for the full size bottle. DO you really think it's worth the money? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sabby! Actually I didn't come across it till I was queuing to pay for my stuff. For me, I think it's good because my skin can't really hold makeup, usually everything would fade till almost nothing by end of the day as I only apply light makeup. So yea, maybe you can just get the travel size one to try first ^^

      Delete

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...