Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Scary Taxi Drivers in Bangkok!

Now that I've got your attention, I'll post about the famous Safari World in Bangkok! Worry not, I'll still talk about the scary taxi driver experience later, it happened right after our trip to Safari World. 




So, they have two parts in the Safari World, one, the Safari Park where you'll be caged in the bus and go for a ride while the animals roam in the wild. And two, the Marine Park which consists of all the animal shows and exhibitions. 

We only bought tickets to the Marine Park as that's where all the excitements are and we didn't want to waste extra money for the 30-minutes ride. Furthermore, with all the animal shows in-line, it'll take us a whole day to see everything. 

I couldn't resist their adorableness (:

1st show on the list, the Orang Utan show



Then there were the sea lion show, bird show, dolphin show, and many more. I didn't take a lot of photos as I was trying to enjoy the shows instead of watching from behind the camera. I did took a few videos and tried to upload them but I don't know why I'm having error uploading them :(
(I will post them up in my Youtube channel once I compile them)

Best part, they have a POLAR BEAR! 
When I saw it, I turned to my boyfriend and said,"Look, they have you here. How sweet!". This is because I always teased him of being a polar bear (he'll melt in hot weather, even the slightest heat).

 


One thing that I missed out was the walrus. They're only shown to the public till 4pm and by the time we got to that area, it was already 4 something :(

Before leaving, we went to the "Giraffe Feeding Terrace" to feed some 
hungry-tongue-sticking-out-for-food awkwardly tall cuties.
A bucket of bananas for 50THB if not mistaken.


I want one as a pet

Something at the corner caught my eyes, it was a coin machine. 
This is how is works:
1. You put the amount of coins needed to operate the machine.
(this includes the coin needed to be flatten)
2. Choose the pattern that you fancy.
3. Wait for a minute and tadaaaa! You'll have your lovely souvenir 
(It cost ONLY 30THB)




I really love these machines as it can produce a one-of-a-kind souvenir that could last you forever instead of a common keychain or postcards.
I gotten one too while in Singapore from The Flyer (:

So, after all the animal loving moments and a lot of sweat dripping from the extremely hot weather, we went to grab a taxi to head back to our hotel.
*TIP: It is hard to get a decent taxi there that uses meter as the place is pretty secluded and they'll take the advantage to charge you a fixed rate which is totally overpriced.


This is where the taxi drama begins...
After asking several taxis, we finally found one which agrees to use the meter. So, we quickly hop onto the taxi to escape from the heat. Half way through the journey, the taxi driver said something like,"I'll have to charge you an extra 50THB because I waited at the entrance for customers".
(We weren't sure what was it exactly because he was speaking in a very broken English and uses a lot of Thai words but it was something along that line.)

We couldn't really catch what he was trying to say so we just told him that we don't understand and did not agree to it. When I realised he wanted to charge an extra 50THB onto our metered rate, my friends and I agreed not to give him any extra other than the rate showed by the meter. It's not that we were being unreasonable, it's because..
1. He agreed to use the meter before we got up into the car.
2. Why would you suddenly charge an extra amount after driving us half way? 
I mean we would gladly pay that amount if it was agreed by both parties before we got into the car, not AFTER. It felt more like we were cheated off our money rather than paying for what we "supposed" to.

So, we didn't want to pay him the extra when we arrived at the hotel and he demanded for it. My boyfriend being the man confronted him nicely and asked why is he charging us an extra only after we gotten into his car and what does it gotta do with us that he was waiting at the entrance for customers. Isn't that what taxi drivers do? Wait for customers to have a ride. He couldn't answer us yet he was demanding for the extra cash again and again. We got off the car and he threaten us that he'll wait outside of our hotel until we pay that extra 50THB. We didn't bother and went into the hotel lobby. After a whole 10minutes, he left but he complaint to the bell boy which then told the receptionist. We told our side of the story and his advice was..
"Just be careful of the taxi drivers, not the metered taxis".

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Will be posting about the lovely night at Asiatique The Riverfront in the next post.
Bonne nuit! 



Much loves, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...