Saturday, March 1, 2014

Saving Chocolate Mission

Today the little brother just got back from a short getaway to Malacca. And he brought back tonnes of food, especially the Nadeje crepe cake that I requested. I expected him to buy only 2-3 slices but he bought 10 slices. I'm so gonna put on a few pounds before my Bali getaway. Oh boy...

Among the food that he bought, there's kuih dodol, cempedak slices, cookies, 2 boxes of chocolate and another pack of melted alien look-alike "chocolate".


I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I looked at this because it's so funny how he can bring it back without realizing its current state yet it's pretty disgusting. LOL.


When you see this, what would you do? 
1. Keep it in the fridge and then struggle to eat it?
OR
2. Feel disgusted by it and throw away with heavy regrets?


Hmm..
I've decided to keep it but not in its current state of course. I wouldn't have the appetite to even take a bite with this look. So, DIY chocolate saving mission!


Step 1: Squash everything to get all mixed up.
The chocolate was supposed to be covered with dark chocolate powder and has an almond nut inside each one. I squashed everything inside the whole packet to get an even mix.


Step 2: Cut an opening at the edge of the plastic bag to pour the chocolate out. 
 You can have any container for this but remember, chocolate hardens. If the container is too big, you might have a problem eating it later. So, I opt for ice cube container!
 Make sure the opening is not too small so that you can get the nuts out with the chocolate and not too big as you don't want to end up with too much chocolate pouring out at once.



Shake the container gently till the surface is flat or you can just leave it that way to get some pattern.


TADAA!


Step 3: Put your covers on and set them in the freezer for a bit.
Say.. Maybe 15 minutes?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And this is how your end product will look like (:




Arrange them nicely and you are good to feast on them..
And wahlaaaa, bon appétit!


Hope you enjoy this post! 




Much loves, xoxo.



4 comments:

  1. hahahaha so cute la u! ur chocolates look yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum yum, the taste still remains yummy! :D

      Delete
  2. I love chocolate. it Yummy!!! But i love when it melt....
    http://notamanjaku.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...