Sunday, March 16, 2014

Travel: Luggage packing hacks

When I newly got my sunglasses, I didn't think much of the space that the case is going to take when storing it because I was so in love with it. But as time passed on, I being to realize that it's such a hassle carrying it around as it was quite bulky and took up a lot of space in my handbags, not to mention that it's impossible for me to bring it along in my clutches. Then, I was trying to find a pair that's easier for me to store and I remember one of the pairs of Rayban that the boyfie owns..


It may looked like just another pair of Wayfarer from Rayban, 
BUT
it's a FOLDABLE one! 


Tadaa! Half of the space needed gone in a minute! 

I've found my very own pair just 2 days before my Bali trip, what an awesome timing as I can bring my new baby along! Such an excited child.

The left one for her and right one for him.

The difference? 
Mine has Polaroid and bluish color lenses with a glossy finish frame while his is the normal lenses with gray shades and a matte surface frame.


See the difference of amount of space needed to store both?

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Since I'm already talking about space saving, here are some tips that I feel might come handy when you are packing your luggage for that next getaway!

1. Always roll your clothes.
This does not only save more space compared to the typical folded clothes but also prevents your clothes from getting all wrinkly and has those folded marks.


If you are packing collared shirts and you simply do not want to end up with a flat ugly collar, place one of your rolled up clothes in the center. To perfect it even more (sides of the collar are also protected), place another two at each side before putting other items on it.

2. Recycle your makeup / beauty products' bottles.
 I'm currently a The Face Shop user and their beauty products only come in full size. The only way you can get travel size products are through their gifts with purchase. Not only full size products eat up a lot of space, they weigh more too (glass bottles).

Recycling your beauty product's bottles are both eco-friendly and handy during packing.


Now I can have both my makeup remover and skin lotion in smaller sizes.

3. Keep product samples!



Usually when I'm offered with product sample sachets, I don't really know what am I supposed to do with them. If it's a product that I have not tried, then mostly I'll use them but what if the products are something that I'm already familiar with? It'll only be tedious if I use them on a daily basis as I have to open a new one every now and then plus if you didn't finish it in a go, you'll be leaving that packet exposed to the bacteria in the air. But nowadays, I find them very convenient when it comes to traveling. If you don't want to bring heavy bottles of beauty products, bring the samples instead. Easy to store and can be dispose after used.



4. Bag your stuffs.



If you are an organized person like me, you should probably try this. Not only this method would ensure that your stuff are neatly kept, but also some protection from dirt and dust. I always like to separate my stuff into bags; one for toiletries, one for beauty products and makeup and always bring some recycle bags to separate the dirty laundry from the clean ones. Keeping your accessories in zipper bags could also protect them from getting oxidized quickly which may cause the color to turn dull. Furthermore, you wouldn't have to rummage through the whole luggage trying to find for that small pair of earrings hidden somewhere in there.

If you find keeping in several bags is a hassle, try getting a travel organizer. Works well too (:



5. Scarf vs jacket.
Nowadays I would bring a scarf with me instead of a jacket.
✔ A scarf can be folded small and takes less space to keep compared to a jacket.
✔ Jacket is just a jacket. Not practical if you are traveling to a hot weather place. Where as a big and long scarf could keep you warm, turned into a beach dress or even a cardigan when you need one.

Here's one of my favorite tutorial videos 



6. Shoes vs sandals.
This is the dilemma when it comes to packing. Should I wear my sandals and pack my shoes or should I wear my shoes and pack my sandals?

For me, wear the shoes and pack the sandals. Sandals are okay to be squash away in luggage where as shoes.. They can easily run out of shape unless you stuff them with paper balls and etc. Also, shoes can keep your feet warm and cuddly in the plane.


~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~


So, those are some of my travel packing hacks and I've also found a link to some other cool tips. Read here.


Hope you enjoy reading this post!
Do leave a comment below and share with me some of your tips so that I can apply them for my next adventure. Sharing is caring!


Till then,
Much loves, xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. omg to your sample packs wei. haha. that is a lot of samples lo :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sales girl at TFS threw in a lot during my previous buy and till now all unused, so like that lo.. Hahaa!

      Delete

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...