Thursday, March 27, 2014

Seminyak Bali, The Haven Hotel

Hello there, finally I get to squeeze some time to blog about my Bali getaway. Been rushing the last two posts before I resume back to my classes after the 3 months of much needed break. If you are a frequent visitor at my blog, you would already know that I went to Bali early of this month. Nowadays, I prefer to plan my own holidays instead of following tours as I can arrange things according to my own flexibility and also to explore the place on my own. Plus, you can always improvise according to the budget. More work to do indeed as you will need to book everything and do your own research regarding the destination.
But hey, I got my freedom, why not? (:

But for this trip, I didn't do much planning on the activities. Only booked the flights and hotel, the rest would have to wing it there. It wasn't an easy task looking for hotels for every trip as I am pretty picky when it comes to accommodation. It must be clean, within budget and location must be good too. I've always used both Agoda and Booking.com to find the suitable hotel as they have reviews and feedback from the past visitors. If you want to get more accurate reviews, check Booking.com as I've realized that the users there tend to give more detailed feedback. So, which hotel have I chosen to stay for my 4 days and 3 nights getaway?




They were having a first quarter of the year promotion where the rates are up to 50% discount and there's one-way airport transfer available if you are staying for 3 nights and above. Of course the decision was made after days of going through reviews and making comparisons of several hotels which caught our attention and are available at our travel period. Initially I thought that the hotel is located somewhere more remote and quiet but it was the opposite of it. It's located along two stretches of food places, boutiques, shops and etc which was awesome! No worries about noise as most of the shops are closed by 9pm which is quite early and just right opposite of the hotel you have a convenient store available 24/7. Once you are there at the reception counter, they'll welcome you with cold towels for you to refresh yourselves and trust me, Bali was burning hot when we were there! The staffs were really polite and nice, smiling and greeting you whenever they see you.



If you have OCD about hygiene, worries not.


TADAAA!~ Our lovely room for 3 nights. This is the living room area where you can laze in front of the tv or just chill and have some tea at the long coffee table. The couch was so comfortable that I just want to stay in the room and do nothing.


A bathtub to soak away all the worries and stress from back home.


I got to choose the bed which was nearer to the tv! LOL. If you haven't notice, there were two televisions available in the room, one in the living room area and one in the bedroom area. There's also a wooden partition at the center where you can just slide to separate both areas.


Comfy slip-ons to wear inside the room. First time seeing a hotel provide proper slippers instead of those cheap paper thin ones.


A selfie with the bathtub like an excited child.


They refill this everyday, even the shower cap and comb.


The long coffee table that's always messy while we were there.


That's a lot of choices eh? Can drink till get bloated :D


Our very spacious balcony..


That faces the pool, how cool is that. Life is awesome! 


Our complimentary welcome drink. Some kind of fruit juice, very refreshing and enjoyable on a hot night. Slowly sipping it at their lounge with the live band performance was truly heaven.


As you can see, there's all these small cute shops, eateries and boutiques located along side of our hotel and right opposite. So much convenience and can do a little shopping if you don't wish to go somewhere far. The price is somewhat like our boutiques here, so I didn't do much shopping there.

As for breakfast, you just have to tell them your room number when you get to the restaurant, they will seat you and serve your choice of tea or coffee. As for food, it's all buffet style. There's the usual rice, noodles, chicken, vegetables and etc. Some of the things that I find it's a little different is that they serve bacons, pancakes and waffles! Yummm!~ You might get a little bored though if you are staying there for long term as the breakfast is the same everyday. My usual are the sunny side-ups, beef sausages, bacons, potatoes and pancakes! Missing the food already.. No photos are available as every morning we located just right enough time to grab a quick one and go for our tours.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Overall experience there?
One thing that kept me wondering, "Isn't The Haven room basic and small? I don't remember it being this spacious with a living room area." And I was right, the staff actually upgraded our room to their Junior Suite! And that was without any extra charges and they didn't even inform us about it. Hmm.. Sneaky much? But it was a great arrangement and we were very happy with our stay there. The only thing is that we didn't have the time to use their gym or visit their spa. As for the rest such as service, cleanliness, food, facilities and location are all great and definitely worth the money. RECOMMENDED if you wish to stay in Seminyak area and I would definitely stay there again during future visits.




Much loves, xoxo.













8 comments:

  1. Omg the hotel room looks so cozy and luxurious :) You make me feel like going to Bali now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it is! Didn't want to leave the room when we had to check out, missing the place too..

      Delete
  2. honestly.. my first response after see pics. WAH!! fantastic.. love the place lio.. but haven't plan go yet.

    www.mymomsbest.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should try to visit there someday. Very relaxing! ;)

      Delete
  3. Pretty! It was really a wonderful blog. Thanks for the provided information. Visit: Seminyak Accommodation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. I’m truly grateful and really impressed.
    seminyak accommodation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Blog.
    Thanks for sharing such a nice blog. It is really useful to me and all people. One think in my mind came while reading that it is not wasting of time.
    hotel bali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much guys on your kind comments! It really does motivates me to blog more, appreciate all of it! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...