Monday, March 24, 2014

Food: A Tea Affair @ TWG Tea 1837

There's this new place in town, well.. Not exactly new but new to me if I have not been there yet! :D
TWG Tea 1837, sounds so classic and glamorous right?


This place opened in Sunway Pyramid a while back, somewhere in the early of the year if not mistaken. It's located right opposite of Zara and sits there glamorously with its glass panels separating it from the outside world. It sort of reminds me of the whole Breakfast at Tiffany's thing.

When it was newly opened, the boyfie promised to bring me there somewhere during CNY before he leaves again but time was so limited that we didn't make it. But he made it up by bringing me there few days ago 


Their tea menu list was endless.. About 4 pages, front and back. We were having a really hard time browsing and choosing the tea that we end up asking the waiter for recommendations.


This was what he recommended, one of their signatures and exclusive tea blends, T6033 1837 Black Tea.
Before preparing the tea for you, they would bring the tea leaves in the jar for you to have a smell and this one smelt very strongly of strawberry, sweet and fragrant. The tea tasted sweet even without sugar and there was a hint of strawberry behind the black tea's taste. Pretty unique blend I would say.


And who would expect them to serve main courses too?
I've always thought that they only serve drinks and desserts as the kitchen is no where to be seen. Guess where is the kitchen? It's actually just right under the staircase. They even have breakfast menus and the expected high tea menus. And since we were filled with popcorn from our movie catch up, we ordered only one main course and the rest were desserts.

TWG Tea Lasagna, where you will have 2 choices to choose from; Bolognaise ragout with signature homemade tomato and fresh basil sauce infused with Moroccan Mint Tea or seafood in a Love Me Tea infused cream sauce. And since he is allergic to shrimps, we went with the bolognaise one. I love the lasagna as the sauce was pretty unique with the tea taste and the pasta layers were perfectly cooked with awesome meat fillings. Not really a fan of the bun that came with it though as it was hard to chew on. I prefer breads that are served warm, soft and full of fluffiness.


And this is from their range of desserts, Normandy Apple Tart. Topped with their homemade Singapore Breakfast Tea ice cream and caramel coulis infused with Pomme Prestige Tea, I would say that the ice cream was rather unique, something different. As for the tart, I love it with the apple slices but you have to eat it fast or else it'll be soft and gooey soaked in the sauce. 

Then we have..


TWG TEA MACAROONS!

From left: Earl Grey & Chocolate,  Bain de Roses Tea and 1837 Black Tea & Blackcurrant

Earl Grey & Chocolate, it was okay, not too sweet but I expected better while the 1837 Black Tea & Blackcurrant one was a little sourish and wasn't my type as I don't like sour stuff. Favourite one would be the Bain de Roses Tea which has a strong rose taste and the level of sweetness was just perfect! 

While eating all of that, we finished the pot of tea in just minutes and as per usual, you would definitely ask the waiter for refill on hot water right? So that was what we did and to our surprise, there was no refills available as one pot of tea is per serving only and it cost RM19 per pot. LOL. Then he decided to order another pot to try and we wanted something mint.


So the waiter brought over some of their tea jars and we have another one of their Exclusive Tea Blends, T6009 Alexandria Tea. This one smelt of strong peppermint and sweetness but was rather disappointing or maybe not up to my liking as it tasted like a chewing gum that was chewed very long ago. Added some of their sugar but still tasted quite disgusting for me.



Love their display of desserts available! So cute and tempting at the same time, wish I have one at home that is accessible 24/7.


They also have a lot of tea sets and wide range of teas for you to purchase as gifts. This is one of my favourites, the packaging is just too cute to resist!


And I shall end this post with my next level selfie, reflection on the golden tea pot!


Hope you enjoy reading! 
Much loves, xoxo.











1 comment:

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...