Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Review: My 1st Non-surgical Aesthetic Procedure @ Premier Clinic

Just like any normal human being, I always ponder and wonder on the idea of perfection. The idea and actions of going for plastic surgeries to achieve one's perception of the perfect look seems to have became pretty common in our society. And honestly, I have thought of that too. 


Many many questions..
"What would I look like with higher double eyelids?"
"Would my face have better dimension if I have higher nose bridge?"
"Is the pain bearable?"
"What if the side effects happened?"
"Can people accept the idea of going under the knife?"
"How much is it and would it be worth it?"


I've always wonder what would I looked like if my nose bridge is higher, not that I have a flat one, just you know.. Pondering on the idea of perfection (: BUT I didn't want to consider the idea of going under the knife because I don't think it'll look very natural and if things go wrong, bye-bye to your nose and face of course since it's pretty much considered as a permanent thing. Here is when non-surgical aesthetic procedures come handy! Nothing about going under the knife or having long period of healing time which is the ultimate solution for busy bees. So, I went to visit Premier Clinic to get more information and to see if there's any procedure that can "heighten" my nose bridge.




I must say, I was quite nervous during my visit there as I went alone and I didn't know if I can bear the pain of the procedures and etc. but the staffs were all really friendly and nice, so that kind of take away some of my worries and anxiety. The doctor that attended me was Dr Kee and he's really nice, pretty humorous too which further put me at ease. Knowing that he has years of experience in this, I asked many many questions before going for the procedure so that I can proceed with a clear mind. He suggested that I do an inject-able dermal filler, which is also known as hyaluronic acid fillers.


Before I proceed with the procedure, I'm sure some of you will be wondering what are these fillers all about so here's some information ...

Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is naturally produced in the body and helps to create volume beneath facial skin, along with collagen, elastin and fat cells. These fillers are normally used to restore the lost volume in the face (enhancing facial features), to smooth and to reduce wrinkles and lines as well as to create plumper lips. It can be used as a standalone treatment or in combination with other procedures such as Botox injections and laser resurfacing to produce the effects of a non-surgical facelift.

Benefits of it?
  • Suitable for all skin types and no allergy testing is required, as hyaluronic acid is naturally produced by your body, therefore rendering it safe to use on any individual.
  • Highly effective with instant results and virtually no down time (no healing time is required).
  • Fillers can be dissolved quick if any complications arise.

~.~.~.~.~.~

During my consultation, Dr Kee was very nice to patiently answer all of my concerns and worries as I was asking really MANY questions. After getting it all cleared, he told me that I can do the procedure on the spot and it'll take only half an hour or so. I hesitated initially as I don't want to show my face in the public with a super swollen or bruised nose but that wasn't an issue at all as no bruising would occur. So, braving my heart, I've decided to give it a shot, YOLO right?!


Here we go, in the surgical room, no running away. LOL.
Nervous face I guess?

It started with the staffs helping me to get into the hair net and then cleansing my face before applying the numbing cream. It'll take about 10-15 minutes for the cream to have any effect, so I was keeping myself busy by taking some selfies and sending them to my mom and some friends, checking Carousell for new stuffs and a quick visit to the loo.


I think I look like a character from Avatar here.

Can't wait for my "new" nose!


After a good old 15 minutes, the staffs cleaned the numbing cream and Dr Kee came into the room and ask if I'm ready for it. I guess I am but my heart was still beating like crazy. Seeing me like that, the staff actually passed me a stress ball to release my anxiety and was there the whole time to soothe me, I couldn't be more thankful.




He started with measuring and marking the spots where the injections will take place. He said that I only have to "heighten" a little on my bridge and a bit of volume on my nose tip to enhance my feature as overdoing it would make it look pretty much fake. We are going for the natural-looking enhanced look.


And here we go!

Before he started with the injection, the staff would put a massager near the area to distract you from thinking about the needle poking your face. Not that it's painful as your nose is numbed from the cream but you'll definitely know when the needle is poking like something gently tapped the nose. The bridge of the nose was still okay as you won't feel the pain but the nose tip was a little uncomfortable. Tears were lingering in my eyes when he was working on it but he did told me about that during the consultation so I was prepared for it.




After done injecting the fillers, he started molding my nose bridge to give it the "heighten" look. As it'll take 48 hours for the filler to set, it's best if you are very careful and do not touch or hit your nose within those crucial hours to avoid any migration of the filler. You do not want to end up with a crooked nose!

And within a short 15 minutes, the procedure is done and I have my "new" nose! How awesome is that?




And to show you the differences, here's a couple of before-and-after photos. I know I might looked a bit awkward in them as I was trying not to laugh or smile out loud (if there's such thing) my excitement on my new look.




Can you spot the 4 holes?


Overall, it's a really pleasant experience as the doctor and staffs were all really nice and professional so you can definitely trust them on handling your concerns. And I'm very happy with the results!




If you are wondering, "How long will it last since it's not a permanent thing?" ...
Well, the effects of hyaluronic acid fillers can last in excess of a year, although the longevity of results varies from patient to patient. Your body will eventually break down and absorb the hyaluronic acid over time without leaving a trace, so there is no risk of being stuck with a look you are not be happy with in the years to come since it's not a permanent treatment.


And that was why I was okay to give it a shot since it's safe and it wouldn't be permanent if I decided later that I do not like the new look.


Here's a photo a week after the treatment (:
And yes, I've chopped off my hair.


So, if you have been having the thoughts of giving non-surgical aesthetic procedures a try, I'll definitely recommend this clinic based on my personal experience as it was truly a great one. Couldn't be more happy to get this new look and I personally think that if you want to give these treatments a try, make sure that it's professionals that you are seeking so that you can put your trust on them and look forward to your new look with a relieved heart and mind. Btw, you would have to drop by the clinic a week after your treatment for a follow-up checkup on your treated area, just to let the doctor have a look to ensure everything's fine. At the mean time, I'll just enjoy being vain of my "new" look! (:


Hope you enjoyed reading this review! 




Much loves, xoxo.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...