Saturday, November 9, 2013

Makeup: NYX Purple Smokey Look Kit

This my dear, will be one of my favourite palette to bring around, NYX's Purple Smokey Look Kit (S109P).

"Add some variety to your smokey eye look with this posh purple kit. The Purple Smokey Look Kit beautifies you with 9 coordinating eye shadows and 2 lip colors. Applicators and mirror included."

So, one of my babes, Fibiee got me this for my birthday which is so sweet of her. Btw, she's also a makeup artist, you may check her blog for more information on her makeup services (:

When I first unboxed and opened this palette set, all that went through my mind was,"When and where am I gonna use this? The colors are so bright."




Simple and lovely 

Top palette: 9 colors for eyeshadow
Bottom palette: One nude beige lipstick
and one glittery bronze lipgloss 

I've been trying to do this but somehow it doesn't show so much on my skin, sadly..
Had to take this from the Internet

I had some issues with my makeup brushes, so instead of using them, I went ala Michelle Phan's style, 
using fingers! It's so much easier to apply using fingers and you can just blend them straight instead of changing brushes for this and that. I did this look in just less than 10minutes for both eyes and lips.

Lips: Applied the nude beige lipstick on the half left of the lips
(it's right in the picture) for a comparison


I used the shade on the top right as the base and the bottom center for the shading on the outer corner of my lids. Then, using an angled brush, I first applied the navy blue (top center) as my eyeliner and then using the matte black (bottom right) for the finer lining close to the lash line. This, creates the gradient of colors and can soften the harsh line of using only black color. As for my water line, I used the romantic shade on the bottom left. Perk up the lashes with some mascara and you're done (:


Every girl has her shameless selfie moments 
Caught by the bf while at it


My overall evaluation:
  • Even after a whole evening, the makeup pretty much stays, not much smudges noticeable
  • Best part? The product's cruelty free and made without animal testing. *many many many thumbs-up for that* If you have read any article about products that run animal testing, you'll know how terrible they are. 
  • Love the colors, bright enough for attention but not too much like some clown
  • The nude beige lipstick is awesome, if they are selling it separately, I would get one 


I would definitely recommend this palette set and more reasons for you to get one IF:
* you want to try some bright colored eyeshadows but didn't want to spend too much
* a portable makeup set which is small and handy in size
* loves vibrant eyeshadow colors



That evening, we went to Publika again for some food hunting. I'll do a post on all foods tried there very soon! 
Till then..








Much loves, xoxo. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice review babe!! :) if you wanna do the swatches, use your finger and press the eyeshadow(not too hard but appropriate strength), the color will be more vibrant. When you wanna swatch it on your hand, make sure you press the eyeshadow and slide it down. Try it and lemme know! :) if still cannot, I show you next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! First time doing makeup review, still trying :D Yea, I'll try and see, if cannot then shall ask you this guru.

      Delete
  2. oh my so colorful, nice color contrast girl ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks babe! Hope you enjoyed reading the review (:

      Delete

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...