Monday, September 15, 2014

Skin Care: GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

When you hear the word "MUD", what do you think of?

Wet, slimy, dirty, gooey and all sorts of things that gives you goose bumps right?
But what if I tell you there's an awesome mud mask that is the current craze among Hollywood celebrities and claimed to be their secret for camera-ready instant glowing skin within 10 minutes?

ELLE Magazine’s No.1 Beauty Obsession & loved by many celebrities such as Natalie Portman, Jennifer Aniston, Miley Cyrus, and even Denzel Washington!



GLAMGLOW was originally designed for exclusive professional backstage use in Hollywood and renowned for delivering the quickest, most advanced and best results to the world’s most notable celebrities. 

~.~.~.~.~
AWARDS WON
2012 Neiman Marcus Beauty Award Winner
2013 Neiman Marcus Beauty Award Winner
Urban Retreat Best Seller
Elle No.1 Beauty Obsession
Sephora Hot Now
New Beauty Award Winner
~.~.~.~.~

With all these information, who won't be excited to try out its wonders? I'm pretty excited for sure! Can't wait to exfoliate all the dead skin away! Before that, a big shout-out and thank you to The Butterfly Project and GlamGlow for this awesome opportunity! (:




Designed as a 10-minute professional ‘facial in a jar’, YOUTHMUD™ provides immediate camera-ready glowing skin with their new patented TEAOXI® technology with real Green Tea Leaf as the ‘magic’ for powerful anti-aging and anti-wrinkle results! It does its wonders by delivering fresh antioxidants directly into the mud to hydrate, balance oil production and fight free radical damage. 


Other magical highlights includes ...
French Sea Clay 
Absorbs impurities and toxic substances, while leaving essential natural oils 
and minimizing pore size. 
Volcanic Rock
Detoxify and awaken the skin, reduce puffiness, under-eye circles and 
smooth fine lines while softening the skin’s texture to reveal younger looking skin. 


Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (VolcanicMinerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (PurifiedClay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinensis Leaf(Green Tea Leaf), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tea), ChamomillaRecutita Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract(Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract(Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil(Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal,Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol,Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.




It's good that they have a seal for the product for hygiene purposes and you'll know someone has opened it if the seal is broken. I've seen products left on the shelves with their seal broken and clearly someone has taken advantage for some free product by the look of it.


It claims ...
  • Leave skin noticeably radiant and glowing.
  • Activate moisturizing collagen synthesis.
  • Provide gentle resurfacing exfoliation.
  • Penetrates into the deepest layers of the skin to soften fine lines and wrinkles. 
  • Tightens, tones and lifts the skin. 
  • Relieves dark circles and minimises pores. 
  • Help to leave skin smoother, brighter and softer, providing a more youthful appearance.
  • Absorb impurities without removing natural oils.
  • Help to protect against free radical damage.
  • Suitable for all skin types, all ages and for both women and men.
  • Contains no artificial colours or fragrances.
  • Cruelty-free and suitable for vegans.
  • AND formulated WITHOUT parabens, sulfates and phthalates!


Ready for some mud action?



LET'S BEGIN!

How to use?
  1. Apply a thin layer to clean face (can also be used on the neck and chest). You can use your fingers, after making sure your hands are clean of course or apply with a foundation brush directly.
  2. The mask will tingle as it tightens and brightens the skin. Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes or until the mask fully dries.
  3.  Rinse off with water, using circular motions to deepen the level of exfoliation.

Precautions:
-Do not touch eye with product. If product touches eye rinse, eye with water.
-External use only.
-To re-liquefy, add drops purified water and stir.




I'm lazy to clean my foundation brush for this and I don't want to waste any of it by being stuck in between the bristles, so I'm going to just use my clean finger. Start by applying a thin layer. The texture is not watery, just a little gooey. Not much work to apply on.


After 5 minutes...



 Tadaa!

Now my face is covered with the awesome mud mask and it feels good! And what are those brown bits pieces on my face and finger?

It's actually real Green Tea leaves!
Cool huh?



Surprisingly the mask dries up pretty fast, maybe it's because only a thin layer is applied. As you can see, by the time I finished applying my whole face, some of it are drying up or dried up already.



5 minutes into it and there's definitely tightening effect alright, I can barely move my face.


A close up on it (:


The green tea leaves bits.



10 minutes later ...

The mask is totally dried up and I can't even crack a proper smile. These are the best I can do, LOL.






Mr Cuddles (panda bear) has white face and black dark circles, me.. both face and eyes are dark.



TIME TO RINSE!




Slowly add water and massage in circular motions to exfoliate. The grains are quite rough, so gentle movements would do, you don't want to hurt your skin.




And this is what it looks like after you're done exfoliating (:
Rinse all product away and time for your new skin!




My opinion?
There's a scent to the product and it smells good, nothing too strong and I like it. It's very easy to apply on and only takes 10 minutes for the magic! Talk about time saving for busy people like me (busy at procrastinating, LOL). I would say that the product works as good as advertised, my pores felt cleaner and skin texture improved, looks smoother, brighter and healthier with a glow. Some acne scars are a little lighter, although not very obvious but I guess it would be better after few applications. I applied on Kose's lotion mask after using this, it absorbs well.



The whitehead bumps and pores looks smaller, skin looks smoother and my face has this reddish glow.


Some of the acne scars lighten a little.


This is taken BEFORE using the product.




And these are taken AFTER using the product. Can you see that my face looks slightly reddish like blushing?


Even looks nice with flash! Usually looks like a zombie because of pale face. LOL


~.~.~.~.~.~


So, I hope you enjoy reading this review and yes, I would definitely consider splurging 
some $$ on this product when I start earning my own hard-earn cash. I'll be blogging on the continuation of my France trip very soon!
(Sorry, I've started my internship so I'll be a little slow)
Make sure you come back for the chills of my hotel room facing the grave yard k?



Much loves, xoxo.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...