Sunday, August 24, 2014

Skin Care: Klairs Gentle Black Sugar Facial Polish


Woohoo! Thanks to Natta Cosme once again, I'll be doing a product review on a Korean brand skincare product, Klairs' Gentle Black Sugar Facial Polish. I was really looking forward to review this product as I have not use a black sugar scrub before and the word "polish" just made it sound so much more fab!




Do you know that sugar is one of the best natural beauty ingredients to exfoliate your skin?
 Sugar scrubs are mild and help to gently remove dead skin cells.
 Helps in rejuvenating the skin by cleaning all the dirt from the skin pores.
 As sugar is a natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the environment into the skin.
So they'll actually help hydrate your skin and keep moisture within.
Sugar contains two important components, glycolic acid and alpha-hydroxy acid which help to maintain perfect oil balance in the skin. 
 It cleanses your skin and do not allow toxins to attack your skin cells. 
This in the long run slows down the ageing process and helps to keep your skin youthful much beyond your years!


Other than that, this facial polish also contains several other awesome-for-your-skin ingredients such as..



After knowing all that, who could resist its temptation?



It smells really good, some sort of herb butter like (makes me want to spread it on a piece of bread and eat it!). The product doesn't comes with a spatula, so you got to make sure that your hands are clean while handling it for hygiene purposes.

I have one from my other facial product,
so I'm using this! (:




You can feel the sugar granules and it would be a little dry to just use the polish alone. So, here are some items which you can consider to mix it with; olive oil, honey or just plain water.



Here I've added some water, probably 3-4 drops and then gently massage it in circular motions. The sugar granules will slowly dissolve and it'll end up as though it's a layer of cleansing oil, just less oily.


Then just rinse it off, apply your toner and moisturizer as usual and you are done!

Left: AFTER using the polish
Right: BEFORE using the polish

So I told my mom, "Mommy, look! Don't you realize that this hand (left) is fairer and smoother after using the scrub? Or am I just thinking too much." and my mom says, "Smoother but fair wise.. Don't you think it's a little dramatic to say so? It's just once, how can that be?".

Okay, then I prepared some with honey and a little bit of water for both of us to use on our faces. Good things are meant to be shared right? :p




Benefits of HONEY:
Rich in natural antioxidants that have anti-microbial properties
 Protect your skin from harmful UV rays and facilitate the skin’s ability to rejuvenate
 Absorb and retain moisture
 Fights acne as a natural antiseptic, soothes and heals your skin
 Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging
 It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow
 Opens up pores making them easy to unclog
 Helps in lightening and healing scars

~.~.~.~.~.~

The END RESULT?
Both my mom and I agree that it does lighten the skin tone, your skin instantly feels clean after using it and it doesn't cause any dryness, in fact you will feel that your skin is smoother and hydrated. Say goodbye to all the blackhead, whitehead and annoying dead skin! It is recommended to use once every week but I think once a fortnight is good too. I would definitely buy and use this product again! (:

Another plus point.. It's suitable for all skin types and ANIMAL TESTING FREE!



Get yours at Natta Cosme now for RM63.20 instead of RM79!
Hope you enjoy this review as much as I do! 


Much loves, xoxo.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hong Kong (Part 2): Dim Sum and Ocean Park

Oh boy, there goes my procrastination and half a year has passed since I made up my mind to comeback to the world of blogging. Many things ...